The Complete Woman: Natasha Corrett
Natasha Corrett, the health food entrepreneur and writer, sticks to an alkaline diet. Most of the time
A gourmet vegetarian cook and the founder of the Honestly Healthy food-delivery service, Natasha Corrett, 30, has just published her third book of alkaline recipes. So naturally she sticks to an alkaline diet - 70 per cent of the time. "It's free of meat, gluten, wheat, sugar, caffeine and cow's dairy," she says. "I've been eating like this for four years and my digestion, energy and skin are better." She gives herself time off at weekends. "If I eat out, I tend to have a glass of wine or dessert."
Corrett also exercises in moderation. "It works to find an exercise routine that fits in with your life, not the other way round. Don't overexert yourself or you'll end up doing it as a fad." She attends Conditioning Hub classes atw10performancegym.com and does high-intensity interval training (HIIT) at her local park - using a trainer app - and in classes at a gym in west London. "Exercise helps me stay focused and allows me to eat what I want."
A monthly meeting with the mind coach Charlie Cannon "helps me put my life into perspective. Just having someone ask the right questions helps me make the right choices." Two years ago Corrett attended a Path of Love personal-development retreat. "It was the most transformational week of my life," she says. Until recently she meditated during her lunch breaks, but now she walks her dog while listening to music. "And if I can't get to sleep at night, I say to myself, 'Let - go,' on the inhale and exhale of my breath. It helps clear my mind."
• My day starts with hot water and lemon, a shot of E3Live or of frozen wheatgrass. I also take a probiotic with my daily supplements: vitamins, omega-3 and magnesium. I have a green smoothie with Sunwarrior vegan protein in it after a work-out.
• I have a sports massage every other week as I have a very bad back. Pilates helps too, and I have monthly reflexology.
• Ren products have rebalanced my skin. I use its Evercalm range with the omega-3 oil and Bio Retinoid Anti-Ageing Cream daily, plus the Glycolactic Radiance Renewal Mask and Clarimatte detox mask weekly.
• I wear Julien Macdonald, Amanda Wakeley and scarves by Lily and Lionel.
• I eat as seasonally as I can - at the moment I'm obsessed with artichokes. I eat green vegetables with roasted sweet potato.
• There is always Jax coconut water in my fridge. I use coconut oil when my skin is dry, and I cook with it.
• Linda Meredith Amazon cream is my Sunday-night moisture ritual.
• The Secret, by Rhonda Byrne, is a great book on the power of positive affirmations. I like Flip It: How to Get the Best Out of Everything by Michael Heppell, too.
Honestly Healthy for Life , by Natasha Corrett and Vicki Edgson, is out now.
Natasha Corrett, health food entrepreneur and writer, at home
Photo: Alice Whitby